New York City, NY
Diet and exercise are the key components to achieving or maintaining a good figure. That’s what you’ve always been taught. Doctors and dietitians all will tell you that combining diet and exercise is the best way to look and feel great. But, what happens when you’ve followed the rules and hit your target weight, but you don’t look or feel the way you want? Don’t panic. Dr. B. Aviva Preminger is here to help. Preminger Plastic Surgery understands that even eating a well-balanced diet and regularly exercising can’t always guarantee you a perfect figure. You still can get those results through a body contouring procedure in Manhattan at Preminger Plastic Surgery.
What can body contouring do for you?
Fat tissue is stored in the body, and sometimes it can’t be eliminated by diet and exercise alone. Those stubborn fat deposits can be frustrating and confidence-shattering. Don’t let something so simple make you feel less self-satisfied with your hard work. A body contouring procedure can provide you with the last push you need to feel truly great about yourself.
Body contouring is not going to make dramatic changes in your weight. Therefore, candidates should be at or near their goal weight. It is the process of reshaping specific areas of the body to remove stubborn fat or areas of loose skin.
There are multiple types of body contouring procedures
- Arm lifts and body lifts are used to reshape sagging tissue due to excessive skin as a result of dramatic weight loss. With an arm lift, a contouring procedure is traditionally done on the underside of the arm, an area many people know as bat wings. When we lose weight, this area of the arm isn’t as resilient in many cases. The skin and residual stubborn fat will be removed, reshaping your arm to show off all of your hard work. Body lifts are designed to improve the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports your skin.
- Liposuction is a body-sculpting procedure. This type of plastic surgery was created to remove fat from the body that proved unresponsive to diet and exercise. Liposuction is a great form of body contouring because you can have it performed on your stomach, waistline, arms, thighs, buttocks, hips, or chin/neckline. It can be done nearly anywhere on the body and is one of the most popular forms of plastic surgery in America to date.
- A tummy tuck clinically referred to as an abdominoplasty, is focused on the abdomen area. Fat deposits will be removed, and your skin and abdominal muscles will be tightened. A tummy tuck varies from liposuction because it removes and tightens excessive skin and focuses on reattaching the stomach muscles that have separated or become loose due to weight gain or pregnancy. Tummy tucks are ideal for people who’ve gained and lost weight quickly, and that are dealing with unwanted pockets of fat, as well as loose skin.
Are you a good candidate for body contouring?
To find out if you are a good candidate for body contouring, there are a couple of things you should consider:
- Are you at your goal weight? You should not plan on losing significant weight after the procedure.
- Do you have underlying health issues that could make surgery dangerous? If you struggle with anesthesia or have heart trouble, there may be other, safer options.
- Are you truly committed to remaining physically fit? The results of body contouring may remain permanent as long as you continue living a healthy lifestyle, including eating healthy and exercising regularly.
If you would like to know which procedure is right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Preminger. We also offer non-surgical body contouring treatments as well. If you are located in the Upper East Side of Manhattan or anywhere in New York City, then contact Preminger Plastic Surgery at (212) 706-1900 to schedule a consultation.