New York City, NY
Each year, thousands of people looking to remove troublesome areas of fat choose liposuction. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, liposuction was the second-most popular type of plastic surgery performed in 2018, with about 855 lipo procedures performed on average every day of that year. Liposuction has a tried and true track record for helping patients achieve the body contours they always wanted, but might there be a better, less invasive option out there? That’s why Dr. B. Aviva Preminger wants to tell you about CoolSculpting®.
Why do people choose CoolSculpting®?
Using unique cooling technology called cryolipolysis, CoolSculpting® is a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment method that can reduce fat by up to 25 percent in the treated area during a single treatment that might be completed in as little as one hour. Although it may take multiple treatments for you to achieve your goals, results are permanent as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Many patients opt for CoolSculpting® because it recontours the target area more gradually than liposuction and without the need for surgery. Because CoolSculpting® works differently than lipo, it also might be considered a better treatment choice for certain areas of the body.
Where is CoolSculpting® a better choice than liposuction?
- The Banana Roll – Used to describe areas of excess fat along the anterior of the upper thigh under the buttocks, this is also a sensitive area of the body that may respond poorly to liposuction. Specifically, the dramatic reduction in fat during liposuction could damage connective tissue and cause excess elasticity of the skin.
- Double Chin – One of the most common physical features in Western society, CoolSculpting® often is a great choice for this area, especially if there is a significantly higher volume of fat. In fact, CoolSculpting® created a special applicator called the CoolMini intended specifically for use on double chins.
- Inner Thighs – CoolSculpting® can be ideal for the upper inner thigh in particular because this area can be especially vulnerable to excess skin laxity following liposuction. Our freezing technology achieves similar results to lipo while keeping skin taut in that area.
- Axillary Fat – The clinical term for the armpit, this can be a tricky spot to perform liposuction because recovery can be painful while the patient heals from incisions made in the axillary folds.
- Bra Bulge – Also known as back fat, bra fat, or bra overhang, women face particular issues with fat in this area when they wear bras. This type of fat also responds extremely well to cryolipolysis.
CoolSculpting® in Manhattan
Maybe you’ve heard about CoolSculpting®, but you’re unsure whether this procedure is right for you. A consultation with Dr. Preminger can answer all of your questions about this treatment. She will compose an individualized treatment plan for you based on your aesthetic goals, budget, schedule, and lifestyle. Make your appointment today by calling (212) 706-1900 if you’re located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan or anywhere in New York City.