New York City, NY
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that has been used for years to create a slimmer, more toned body. Liposuction can be used to remove stubborn fat deposits on the thighs, hips, abdomen, and other areas to generate a contoured, sexy figure. Even though the results of liposuction can turn heads as you walk past, some patients are not clear about what liposuction can do for them. Therefore, Dr. Aviva Preminger, an Upper East Side plastic surgeon, is sharing what liposuction can and can’t do for you.
- Smooth Problem Areas – Proper diet and exercise could help you lose weight and tone your body. However, you have little control over where body fat will be eliminated. Sometimes, no matter which exercises you try, you cannot eliminate fat or tone a specific area. Liposuction can smooth those problem areas by removing unwanted fat deposits creating the contours you have always wanted.
- Target Stubborn Fat – Although a healthy diet and exercise regimen can provide good results, some patients experience stubborn fat pockets despite their hard work and dedication. Because liposuction is so versatile, it can help remove your double chin, the fat around your knees, the flabby area under your arms, also known as “bat wings,” or your buttocks making your body appear slimmer.
- Spot Reduction – Patients who have lost a significant amount of weight turn to a board-certified plastic surgeon to assist with areas where fat pockets remain. Liposuction can remove fat cells and increase self-confidence while highlighting their weight loss with a trimmer figure.
- Create Sculpted Curves – Women often desire to have a sexy physique where they can show off an hourglass figure. Men may desire to have more refined abs to impress their significant other. Liposuction can produce both results by carefully sculpting curves for a long-lasting enhancement.
- Substitute a Healthy Lifestyle – A common misconception about liposuction is that it is a weight-loss procedure. It is not a method to substitute a proper diet or exercise regimen. Liposuction is used to create curves and contour to a body of someone close to their ideal weight, but that may struggle to tone certain areas.
- Improve Skin Appearance – Since liposuction targets underlying fat cells, it is not the correct procedure to remove loose skin from weight loss or remove stretch marks from excessive weight or pregnancy. In addition, liposuction will not remove the skin “dimpling” from excess cellulite. There are other procedures to address those concerns available from your plastic surgeon in New York City.
- Assist You in Losing Weight – Liposuction is a procedure strictly used for cosmetic purposes and not used as a means to help you lose weight. Although the procedure can remove from one to 10 pounds of stubborn fat, liposuction is best used to contour specific areas for a slimmer appearance.
- Prevent Weight Gain – Liposuction removes fat cells, and they will not regrow once eliminated. However, it is still possible for you to gain weight in areas where liposuction has not been performed. Therefore, having liposuction does not mean that you will not gain weight. You should maintain a healthy lifestyle to retain your slender figure.
Liposuction in the Upper East Side of Manhattan or New York City
As versatile as liposuction can be, it is used to fight stubborn fat-filled areas that are difficult to remove with a healthy diet and exercise routine. If you are near your goal weight and desire a more curvy, contoured body, feel free to contact a leading liposuction surgeon in New York City, Dr. Aviva Preminger at Preminger Plastic Surgery for a consultation by calling (212) 706-1900 or requesting a consultation online.