Preparing for cosmetic surgery can be a bit intimidating. But, if you have lost weight and are ready to make some finishing touches to your new body by undergoing a Brazilian Butt Lift, here are some tips to help you prepare for your surgery. As with any cosmetic procedure, it is best to consult only with a board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. B. Aviva Preminger of Preminger Plastic Surgery. This is not only to ensure that your surgery goes smoothly, but also to minimize any risks involved during your post-op recovery.
First, let us take a look at what a Brazilian Butt Lift can do for you.
A Brazilian Butt Lift can enhance the shape and contour of your buttocks to give you a more round and firmer backside. In many cases, boutique plastic surgeon in Manhatten, Dr. Preminger, combines a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure with liposuction of the thighs, stomach, and waist to be used for your Brazilian Butt Lift. This ultimately results in a slimmer waist and a more pronounced buttock region.
At the conclusion of your surgery, Dr. Preminger will place a compression garment around the surgical region. You will wear these compression garments for a few weeks following your surgery or as otherwise directed by your surgeon. It is advised that you do not sit on your buttocks for at least 6 weeks following your lift procedure.
Now that you are ready to move forward with your procedure, here are some things that you can do to prepare for your surgery. Handle all of your preparations now so that when you arrive home following your procedure, you can relax and rest knowing that you have everything that you need within reach.
You may want these items on hand for when you arrive back at home:
- Baby wipes are good to have around since you will not be able to shower right away. Disposable baby wipes can help you feel fresh and clean until you can shower again.
- Stool softeners help make going to the bathroom easier, which is something that you will need following your surgery.
- Protein shakes and vitamins are a necessary part of repairing your body following any type of surgical procedure. Keep your favorite shakes or shake mix on hand and make sure that you stock up on vitamins prior to your procedure.
- A Boppy pillow (nursing pillow) is helpful for when you absolutely need to sit on your buttocks. The pillow is hollow in the center, which helps take the pressure off your backside when in a sitting position.
- Having a water bottle or bottled water on hand will help keep you hydrated.
- Nutritious food should be part of any diet, but specifically following surgery such as the Brazilian Butt Lift. Healthy foods nourish your body with nutrients and vitamins that it needs to heal faster.
These are only suggestions that will help make your recovery from a Brazilian Butt Lift a little bit easier. Dr. Preminger may make additional recommendations that are specific to your needs. It is important, however, to adhere to the post-op protocol given to you by Dr. Preminger as this will minimize potential risks and help speed up your recovery.
Weight Gain Before Surgery
Since a Brazilian Butt Lift uses fat elsewhere on your body, Dr. Preminger may recommend that you gain some weight prior to your procedure. This is only needed in cases where there is not already enough excess fat in your body that can be used for the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. It is advised that you only gain weight if recommended by Dr. Preminger, and only under the supervision of your plastic surgeon.
How long is the procedure?
The length of your Brazilian Butt Lift procedure will vary but typically takes anywhere between 2-4 hours, sometimes longer. The careful precision of your plastic surgeon means that you will have outstanding results! Scars are typically not very noticeable and are as small as 1-2mm in length.
Brazilian Butt Lift in Manhattan
Ready to learn more about a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure? Located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City, Preminger Plastic Surgery is a boutique practice dedicated to serving all of your aesthetic plastic surgery needs. Dr. B. Aviva Preminger’s goal with all of her patients is to provide you with a truly individualized treatment plan that reflects your personal cosmetic surgery goals. For more information, please call us at 212-706-1900.