Do you want to look younger and, as a result, feel younger? A qualified and experienced plastic surgeon can rejuvenate your facial appearance through a facelift, which minimizes wrinkles and sagging skin. However, a facelift also is a major surgical procedure that is not right for everyone. Perhaps you have a pre-existing condition that makes an elective surgery such as a facelift too risky. Or, maybe your schedule is too busy to take the 10-14 days needed, at the minimum, to recover following the operation.
For patients who want the results of a facelift but are not able or willing to go through a major surgery, Preminger Plastic Surgery offers Ultherapy, a non-invasive and FDA-approved treatment. Through the application of gentle soundwaves, Ultherapy has a lifting effect on the eyebrows, neck, and chin. These soundwaves also trigger natural healing mechanisms in the body, improving the look of your skin.
Still not convinced about the benefits of Ultherapy?
Here are a few reasons to give it a try:
- Safety: Ultherapy has been approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). This approval came only after multiple clinical trials to prove the safety of the treatment, and more than 200,000 Ultherapy procedures that have been performed all over the world.
- Unique: Ultherapy is the only procedure that uses soundwave therapy to target the deep foundation below the surface of the skin without cutting or even disrupting the skin itself. Ultherapy also uses ultrasound images to see the sub-dermal layers of tissue targeted during treatment and ensure energy is deposited where it will be most effective.
- Complementary: Ultherapy can be an effective follow-up procedure for patients who already have had a facelift to “freshen up” their appearance. Ultherapy is not intended to be a complete replacement for what a facelift can do, but it can augment a facelift quite nicely.
- Convenient: Most Ultherapy sessions are completed in 30 to 90 minutes. Side effects are minimal, aside from some slight discomfort and redness for approximately an hour following the procedure. Unlike a facelift, which requires a recovery period of up to two weeks before resuming a normal routine, Ultherapy patients need no recuperative downtime.
- Long lasting: It can take up to three months to see the full results of Ultherapy, but one impact of this procedure is the catalyst it provides to collagen production. Ultherapy patients can continue to produce fresh collagen a year or more after undergoing the treatment. Some patients may even reach their desired results following a single treatment of Ultherapy. A single treatment should last multiple years, depending on your age and other genetic factors.
Want to learn more about Ultherapy or any of the other, non-surgical, minimally invasive procedures we can use to improve your appearance at Preminger Plastic Surgery? Call our office today at (212) 706-1900, and a member of our team of professionals will be happy to schedule your initial consultation.
Located on the upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City, Preminger Plastic Surgery is proud to offer world-class services in plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery.