Imagine turning that unwanted belly fat into a more curvaceous, rounded derriere. Though it may sound too good to be true, this cosmetic enhancement is one of the most popular body contouring procedures requested today. The Brazilian butt lift can help women (and men!) improve the projection and shape of their backsides, and offers the slimming bonus that comes with targeted liposuction.
If you’ve been dreaming of having more prominent buttocks and are tired of that flat “pancake” look, here are 7 important things you should know before having a butt lift.
Brazilian butt lift basics
- A Brazilian butt lift involves fat grafting – It’s important to distinguish the difference between a butt lift and buttock augmentation with silicone implants. A Brazilian butt lift is performed by harvesting a patient’s own fat (in areas such as the thighs, hips, love handles, stomach or back), processing it and then carefully re-injecting it in key areas of the gluteals to enhance contour, shape and projection.
- Not everyone is a great candidate– If you are already very slender and have a flat rear-end, you may not have enough extra body fat for liposculpture. In cases like these, you may be better off with permanent silicone implants.
- There is little to no scarring – Because the liposuction cannula is tiny, incisions are also small, meaning less chance of noticeable scarring. Most patients heal beautifully and have no visible scars after a few months.
- The procedure is customized to each patient – Some people want more volume at the top of the buttocks, while others want fullness around the sides and the bottom. Your surgeon will discuss your goals and inject the fat exactly where it’s needed to get desired results.
- Different anesthesia options may be available – Depending on the length of your procedure (which can range between 2.5 and 4 hours) and the amount of fat being transferred, your surgeon may recommend either twilight sedation, where you are in a deeply relaxed state but feel no pain, or general anesthesia. Be sure to discuss the pros and cons of each before your surgery.
- Recovery is relatively quick – Unlike more invasive procedures, the Brazilian butt lift entails a shorter recovery time, with most patients back to work and their normal daily activities within 10-12 days. However, keep in mind that you cannot sit down or put any pressure on your new buttocks for a minimum of 14 days, so have some pillows handy.
- The results are immediate and long-lasting – The techniques used in the Brazilian butt lift offer patients immediate results, though be warned that some of the fat will be re-absorbed by the body over the next several months. So if you wake up to a startlingly huge backside that seems larger than life, don’t worry!
Brazilian butt lift surgery in Manhattan
Like any type of plastic surgery, a Brazilian butt lift requires technical skill but also an artistic eye. Sculpting a beautiful, feminine derriere that is proportionate with the body takes talent and years of experience, which is why it’s important to choose your surgeon carefully. Dr. B. Aviva Preminger is a board-certified NYC plastic surgeon renowned for her exceptional work and natural-looking results.
To request a private consultation, please call 212.706.1900.
Additional Brazilian Butt Lift Resources:
- ASPS, Four key things to know before your buttock augmentation consultation https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/blog/four-key-things-to-know-before-your-buttock-augmentation-consultation
- Web MD, Arms, Thigh, and Buttock Lifts, http://www.webmd.com/beauty/cosmetic-surgery-arms-thigh-buttock-lifts#1
– See more at: https://premingermd.com/body/7-things-to-know-before-a-butt-lift/#sthash.9LjcJsEp.dpuf